“Imran was extremely professional and had a caring approach, he always kept me updated on my case and would highly recommend. Fantastic honest service and cannot thank Imran enough.”
Imran joined the company in 2016 and is a Director and heads up the Domestic Abuse Response Team, having qualified in 2008. He specialises in children and domestic abuse matters which are complex and sensitive including honour based abuse. He also acts for children and grandparents in care proceedings.
Imran recognises that every family situation is different and likes being able to offer solutions to families who are going through difficult times for different reasons. Imran is a good listener and recognises that family law is an area where you really need to be able to empathise and relate to people and children.
Outside of work, Imran likes to spend as much time with family and friends as possible. Imran does a lot of voluntary work with his son’s school and other local charities from fundraising to being part of the Parent Teacher Association. Speaking foreign languages comes in handy because Imran likes to travel. To wind down Imran really enjoys a good film or listening to music. Imran likes sports, particularly football and keeping fit.
- Represented children in cases of serious honour based violence and serious sexual abuse including inter-marital rape and sexual assault; inter-sibling allegations of rape and sexual assault
- Represented parents and children in cases involving serious physical and emotional abuse (including coercive control)
- Represented child in cases involving allegations of parental alienation and parental hostility
- Represented children in cases involving disputes over schooling and medical treatment
- Representing four children in complicated court proceedings, who had been the victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse. The case involved numerous experts such as psychologists, risk assessors, parenting assessors. These were necessary to assess the risk posed by the parents to the children and to ensure the children were safe.
- Representing a father whose children had been removed without his permission. I successfully traced the mother and dismissed her allegations of domestic abuse against the father.
- Representing a child, who required life-saving treatment and whose parents were not consenting, in emergency court proceedings in the High Court. This required listening to evidence of medical experts.
- Representing a child from a druid background where there was a dispute as to whether he should have dental treatment and receive his immunisations. This required evidence from expert dentists; one of the issues was the use of anaesthetic.
- Representing twins in complicated court proceedings involving honour based violence between the parents. This case involved the use of McKenzie friends.
- Representing grandparents and extended family members in applying for court orders allowing contact, and for a Special Guardianship Order.
- Representing the father in a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the abduction of the children to South America.
- Obtaining a court order to ensure children would live with their father, to protect them from the mother’s partner who was assessed by the Court as being a sexual risk to children.
- Winner of the Devon and Somerset Law Society’s President’s special award 2022 for outstanding contribution to his profession and community
- Winner of the Devon and Somerset Law Society award for Solicitor of the Year 2019
- BSC (Hons) Law with French and Spanish
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law
- Member of Law Society’s Family Law panel
- Member of Law Society’s Children panel
- Speaks French, German and Spanish
- NVQ in Team Leading