Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy as detailed below.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Acceptable usage of our site
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which;
- Contains any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contains any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promotes sexually explicit material;
- Promotes violence;
- Promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringes any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Is likely to deceive any person;
- Is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promotes any illegal activity;
- Is threatening, abusive or invades another’s privacy, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Impersonates any person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Gives the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- Advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Intellectual property rights
This Site consists of images, illustrations, graphics, video sequences, sounds, text, documents, publications, written works, photographs, formats and styles of presentation, software (including HTML code) and material analogous to it, and other content (collectively, Content).
All copyright, moral ownership and other intellectual property rights in the Site and the Content (and derivatives of it) are either owned exclusively by or are licensed to The Family Law Company.
The names, images and logos identifying The Family Law Company or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of The Family Law Company and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of The Family Law Company or any other third party.
Reliance on information posted
Nothing on our Site constitutes legal, financial or other professional advice and nothing on our Site should be taken or construed as such.
We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
You should consult a suitably qualified lawyer or other relevant professional on any specific problem or matter.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy details above.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected]
Third party websites
We may from time to time provide links from our Site that will enable you to access the websites of third parties and, in accordance with the above paragraph entitled “Links to our Site”, third party websites may link to our Site.
Please note that such third party websites are not under our control and we do not contribute to the content of those websites. When you click through to these sites you leave the area controlled by us.
We do not accept responsibility for, nor any liability in connection with, these third party websites (including in respect of any issues arising in connection with either the third party’s use of your data, the website content or the services offered to you by these websites).
Viruses, hacking and other offences
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses or other malware.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Contributing to our site
Whenever you make use of any feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you agree to ensure that all material you send or upload to this Site is legal, is not offensive and does not infringe our rights, those of any third party or the provisions of the Legal Notices.
If you do not want to grant to The Family Law Company the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to www.thefamilylawco.co.uk
Every effort is made to keep this website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, this website being temporarily unavailable.
If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on www.thefamilylawco.co.uk (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact our webmaster [email protected]
Thank you for visiting our site.