Hannah Porter joined The Family Law Company in 2016 as a qualified Solicitor specialising in divorce and the financial consequences of marriage breakdown.
Hannah also undertakes private law children work, assisting separating couples to reach sensible, amicable agreements regarding how to care for their children in the future.
Hannah provides clear, tailored advice, helping her clients reach the best result for their specific situation. Her empathetic manner and holistic approach gives her clients the support and guidance they need when facing familial difficulties.
Hannah has some experience in assisting clients through Family Law Arbitration and was involved in the reported case, DB v DLJ  EWHC 324 (Fam).
In her spare time Hannah enjoys life in Devon; surfing, walking on Dartmoor and spending time by the sea.
I found TFLC reassuring and thorough throughout, honest, reliable and totally transparent. Hannah Porter was approachable and caring throughout my divorce.
- Acting for a wife who had purchased the family home during the marriage with her own finances and in her sole name. I successfully negotiated an order with her husband’s solicitors whereby she kept her property and paid him a small lump sum, a fraction of the equity in the home.
- Acting for a husband whose wife was a foreign citizen residing outside of the jurisdiction. He had not had contact with her for over five years. I successfully traced the location of the wife and obtained a divorce from her for the husband, just in time for his remarriage.
- Acting for a wife whose husband had a substantial wage but no assets and was a habitual gambler. I negotiated an agreement whereby she received substantial periodical payments for her child, and a lump sum to reflect the money lost in the marriage through her husband’s gambling addiction as well as work commission he had hidden.
- Acting for a wife whose husband had a substantial police pension. I negotiated a settlement giving her a significant proportion of his pension and a lump sum.
- Acting for a wife whose husband had a business and multiple properties. I reviewed the business accounts and negotiated a settlement with the husband’s solicitors to provide the wife with a property, a sum to pay back her mother and a lump sum from the family home.
- Acting for a mother in Children Act proceedings to analyse the risk of father to the children. I represented her at court to obtain the involvement of the correct professional bodies and adequately safeguard the children from risk of harm.
- Acting for a father in Children Act proceedings who was deaf. I represented him at court and negotiated a final order providing him with regular and consistent contact with his children.
- Representing a husband in occupation order proceedings to successfully remove his wife from the family home due to the distress and risk she was causing the family’s children.
- Representing a woman in non-molestation order proceedings to protect her from her father. I successfully obtained a non-molestation order without notice to the father then restricted his access to multiple places in the town at the return hearing.