“As well as being my legal representation you’ve been my counsellor too at times. You didn’t need to but I needed you to, and appreciated it very much.”
Having worked in the legal sector for over fifteen years, senior associate solicitor Carrie brings considerable experience in dealing with the most serious cases concerning children. Joining the Family Law Company in December 2010, she has a particular expertise in representing parents who are accused of very serious allegations, and those parents with learning disabilities or difficulties. Carrie is able to provide a calming influence to the most challenging of situations.
She takes a thoughtful and forensic approach to her cases and is described by her clients as a fierce negotiator. She is passionate about ensuring that rules of evidence and procedure are followed.
Carrie won the Plymouth Law Society’s Young Lawyer of the Year award in 2018 and was shortlisted in 2019 for the Devon & Somerset Law Society’s Chartered Legal Executive of the Year award and the National CILEx Awards in the category of Legal Expert. Carrie was also shortlisted for Supporter of the Year at the National Advocacy Awards in 2019 in light of the extensive support she has given the Plymouth Parent Advocacy Project. She is widely regarded amongst her peers as a thorough, fair, and hardworking lawyer, and her particular approach has garnered judicial praise.
In her free time, Carrie enjoys books, baking, running, and is a self-confessed shoeaholic.
Her work includes:
- Representing parents, grandparents, and other family members in all aspects of public law proceedings, including adoption. This also includes advising on and preparing for lengthy hearings, including Finding of Fact hearings;
- Representing parents on applications to discharge Care Orders/for contact with children in;
- Advising and assisting parents in pre-proceedings meetings with the Local Authority and on child protection issues;
- Advising on issues relating to surrogacy;
- Advising on issues relating to Special Guardianship.