Shreya Kallingal joined The Family Law Company in September 2022 as a newly qualified solicitor. She supports clients through all aspects of family law but with a particular specialism in divorce, the financial consequences of marriage breakdown and disputes around child arrangements.
Shreya is a dual qualified lawyer with three years of experience as a lawyer in India specializing in the wide spectrum of family law, particularly in litigation. Her academic study of comparative law and experience in dealing with multi-jurisdictional cases has equipped her to deal with the challenges of cross-border work.
Shreya has been a gold-medal winning cadet, a foreign exchange student, a performing artist, and a lawyer with experience working with clients ranging from artists, HNW families, international lawyers, to domestic violence victims and single mothers trying to make ends meet. Shreya prides herself on being accessible to professionals and clients from all walks of life, and offering pragmatic and empathetic advice.
In her spare time Shreya enjoys dancing and painting.
• Enrolled as a Solicitor in England & Wales (June 2022)
• Master of Laws with Distinction from the University of Edinburgh Law School (2021-2022)
• Enrolled as an Advocate with the Bar Council of Tamilnadu (2018) with a right of practice across India.
• Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws with Distinction from The School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU (2013-2018)
• University Gold medalist in Human rights and International Law
• Bachelor of Fine Arts in Bharatanatyam Dance from SASTRA University (2015-2018)