Lucy joined the company in 2021 as a director to provide family law support for clients based in Cornwall. With 20 years in family law Lucy specialises in divorce, the financial consequences of marriage and civil partnership breakdown, private children matters and domestic abuse.
Lucy has also been the President of Cornwall Law Society and has been named in the top 50 Most Inspirational Women in Cornwall.
As a member of Resolution. Lucy promotes a constructive and collaborative approach to resolving family issues that involves the whole family. Lucy is a Resolution Accredited specialist in private children and Domestic Abuse matters.
Highly regarded and respected by the legal profession and her clients Lucy’s cases include complex situations such as farming divorce, shareholders, self-employed business owners, pensions and inherited wealth. Lucy has extensive experience in private children matters including parental alienation cases, finding of fact hearings and non – molestation and occupation orders.
Her recent experience includes:
- Representing a husband who owned multiple properties and was also a trust fund beneficiary worth several million. Securing an agreement that retained the properties and trust fund but allowing a lump sum payment to the wife to re house herself.
- Representing a retired wife with no private pension provision, securing a large lump sum for her to purchase a mortgage free property and obtain investment income. Obtaining Court ordered monthly maintenance payments.
- Representing a wife who owned numerous acres of farm land, stables and livestock. Obtaining an order which divided the land in accordance with the client’s wishes and retaining her stables and livestock.
- Successfully defended a Father who had been accused of domestic abuse and had been prevented from having contact with his child eventually obtaining a shared care order.
- Obtaining instructions from the Official Solicitor acting as litigation friend for several clients who have been deemed as unable to conduct their own family proceedings.