Jane started her career in law over 20 years ago and has spent the majority of this time specialising in family law. She joined Norman Hartnell in 1997 and became a partner in 1999. She qualified as a mediator in 1998.
Jane works in the areas of divorce, finances and children. She also specialises in jurisdictional matters relating to children. Jane is a member of the International Child Abduction & Contact Unit which is a specialist unit of 30 solicitors recognised by the Office of the Official Solicitor, a government department, who receive direct instructions from governments of other countries who are signatories to the Hague Convention, and who seek the return of children brought into this jurisdiction unlawfully.
Jane has considerable experience as a mediator and has also qualified as a collaborative law lawyer. Jane’s concern is to help families try to resolve issues and find a solution which works best for them having regard to the welfare of the children who are placed very much at the centre of any issues.
Jane Chanot was highly professional at all times, she was also sensitive and generous of spirit which made me feel secure in the knowledge that she had my very best interests at heart.
- Trained All issues mediation and also trained as a civil and commercial mediator
- Collaborative family lawyer
- Specialist Resolution accredited Family Lawyer (specialising in Private children matters and child abduction/wardship)
- FMA/Resolution supervisor
- Legal Services Commission (LSC) mediator for all issues mediation
- Member of Resolution
- Panel Member of Reunite (Child Abduction organisation)
- Panel Member of the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit (Official Solicitors office)