Covid-19 Update: Access to our offices are currently only available by appointment. We're providing our usual client services virtually to maintain the safety of our clients and colleagues. Read more here

Posted by Emilie Haine on 6th September 2017
Contact with your child if you don’t live in the UK

It is becoming more and more common for families to be spread across countries and even continents. If you live in a different country from your child, then agreeing suitable contact with the other parent after separation can be a challenge. The geographical barrier means that travel and handover arrangements are often much more complex and contentious than normal.

If you are not able to agree contact with the other parent, you may need specialist legal advice. If your child lives in the UK and you live in another country, you may automatically qualify for public funded Legal Aid to cover your legal costs in applying to court for contact.

The Family Law Company regularly advises clients all over Europe and even further afield, and are very experienced in dealing with international clients, including abduction cases.

We can also advise quickly on whether you may be eligible for Legal Aid, and the process for applying for this.

If you would like to talk to one of our specialists via phone or Skype please call 01392 421771 or contact Emilie on [email protected] 


Need some advice? Get in touch today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Your privacy is key, read our Privacy Policy

Information Articles

+ More Blog Articles
Would you like to speak to someone? Find out how to get in touch...