Posted by familylaw on 20th December 2011

If you have a Residence Order, you can take your children abroad for up to a month without your ex partner’s consent.

However, if you do not have residence, and you wish to take your children abroad for a holiday, it’s a tougher issue. Legally you’re advised to have the agreement of those with Parental Responsibility, and you should obtain it in writing.

Longer trips or moving abroad

If the trip is longer, or you plan on moving abroad with the children, you will need the written consent of all those with Parental Responsibility or by a Court Order. This is a complex issue and legal advice should be sought immediately.

Information Articles

+ More Blog Articles
Would you like to speak to someone? Find out how to get in touch...