Posted by familylaw on 23rd December 2013

As family solicitors we deal with many cases of separation between spouses. UK Law states that you are able to get a divorce if you have been married for a minimum of one year and the relationship has broken down permanently. It is also required that your marriage is legally recognised within the UK and that you have a permanent home in either England or Wales respectively.

Divorce | UK Pay Outs | Family Law

With this in mind it has emerged that a recent survey looking into spousal maintenance payments within 10 countries in Europe, as well as the United States of America, New Zealand and South Africa has registered England and Wales as the jurisdiction where becoming divorced will see partners being more likely to receive substantial pay-outs. A reason for this comes from Judges’ greater discretion and the wide variety of issues they have to take into account with each, it was stated.

Need some advice? Get in touch today

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
The information submitted here is used and stored for the purpose of replying to the enquiry. For more information on how we process data please visit our Privacy Policy.

Information Articles

+ More Blog Articles
Would you like to speak to someone? Find out how to get in touch...