Posted by Amy Langford on 23rd July 2019


If you are divorced from your spouse and you re-marry without resolving the financial matters you will be caught in the re-marriage trap. This means you will not be able to apply for financial provision orders or property adjustment order against your spouse. However, you can still apply for a pension sharing order as this falls outside the definition of financial provision orders.

It is therefore advisable to resolve the financial matters prior to any re-marriage or at least put in motion your financial claims to avoid this situation.

Information Articles

+ More Blog Articles
Would you like to speak to someone? Find out how to get in touch...