Covid-19 Update: Access to our offices are currently only available by appointment. We're providing our usual client services virtually to maintain the safety of our clients and colleagues. Read more here

Posted by familylaw on 12th August 2014

soldier and her daddyThere is a little known area of Family Law which addresses situations where people live outside of England and Wales, but one of the spouses has a British Military Pension.

Courts outside of England and Wales do not have the power to make Orders against a Military Pension.

Part III of the Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984 can help.

Rachel Buckley, one of our long standing divorce and finance lawyers, has acted for many clients whose spouses are, or have been members of the British Armed Forces, but their divorce has been or is being dealt with abroad.

In those circumstances Orders can often be obtained in this Country even though one or both of the parties maybe living abroad.

Rachel Buckley of The Family Law Company can advise in these circumstances. We offer the first appointment free and without obligation. This can be conducted over the telephone if convenient. Call our Exeter office on 01392 421 777 to make an appointment.

Need some advice? Get in touch today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Your privacy is key, read our Privacy Policy

Information Articles

+ More Blog Articles
Would you like to speak to someone? Find out how to get in touch...