Covid-19 Update: Access to our offices are currently only available by appointment. We're providing our usual client services virtually to maintain the safety of our clients and colleagues. Read more here

Posted by Kirsty Thyer on 12th February 2020
Social Services are involved with my children but I find attending meetings and court difficult. Could I have an advocate to help me?


Extra support is available for parents who have learning difficulties. There are a number of local organisations who can provide advocacy services and the court has recently said that it can fund these services where parents are involved in court proceedings. An advocate will attend court, meetings with your solicitor and other formal meetings to help you understand the process and make sure your voice is heard.

If you would like to talk to us about this, or any other family law issue, please contact us on 01392 421777 for Exeter or 01752 674999 for Plymouth.

Need some advice? Get in touch today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Your privacy is key, read our Privacy Policy

Information Articles

+ More Blog Articles
Would you like to speak to someone? Find out how to get in touch...