At The Family Law Company we understand the stresses and strains of the work we do. We pride ourselves on looking after the wellbeing of our employees through our Wellbeing Committee. The committee meets together regularly to brainstorm ideas to promote a healthy and happy environment in the work place and at home.
Over the last six months we have arranged lots of activities, including:
- The ‘Step Challenge’ that consisted of teams recording the steps they took day to day. Our winning team stepped 1,864,214 steps – which is further than walking to Edinburgh and back again!
- Coffee morning in aid of Mental Health Day. This took place on 10th October 2017 in our offices in Plymouth and Exeter and gave everyone the opportunity to discuss how they were feeling.
- At Christmas we organised a wreath making class. This was great fun and the finished wreaths were amazing!
- In January we hosted a ‘Healthy Habits’ lunch so that everyone could get together discuss what they were doing to make their lives healthier – a positive start to the new year.
- We have a discussion about stress management with an external experts, and a talk on the medical benefits employees receive free through the company.
- We’re creating our very own netball team, so that we can have friendly matches against Michelmores Solicitors.
- A doctor is visiting from the Exeter Headache Clinic to talk to the staff about preventing migraines.
- We are also hoping to start up a lunchtime running club so that people can get up and about in their lunch hour.
The Family Law Company really does understand the need to look after everyone who works for the company, to support health and wellbeing, and have some fun along the way. Through the efforts of our Wellbeing Committee, we all enjoy a better working environment.
Need some advice? Get in touch today