Lisa joined the Company in November 2017 as a Chartered Legal Executive. She specialises in private law children matters and cases concerning domestic abuse.
She previously worked for a high street firm in Exeter for approximately 10 years and built up a wealth of experience during this time.
Lisa has a friendly approach and provides clear advice, helping her clients feel at ease and reach the best result for their difficult situation. Her empathetic manner gives her clients the support and guidance they need when facing such difficulties.
The majority of Lisa’s work comes from personal recommendations either from previous clients who have been particularly impressed with the sensitive way in which she has helped achieve the outcomes they desired or from other professionals in the domestic abuse field in which she is held in high regard.
Lisa McLaughlin has been the Legal Advisor for HomeStart Exeter and East Devon as well as a Trustee for SAFE (Stop Abuse For Everyone).
In her spare time, Lisa enjoys music, reading, travel and the arts.
I want to say a big thank you to you, your team and to Imran for all your help, because of you guys I have strength to fight for my rights and my daughter. I’m so happy for meeting you guys.
- Acting for a mother in her application under the Children Act 1989 for permission to relocate outside of the UK. Relocation was initially refused by the father but after extensive negotiations and assisting the client in court proceedings, the relocation was agreed alongside a Child Arrangement’s Order.
- Acting for a father in enforcement proceedings in relation to child contact, where the children were living with their mother. An order had been made by the court to facilitate the father spending time with the children but the mother unilaterally suspended contact thus breaching the order. I assisted the father within these proceedings and represented him. We achieved an outcome in which the father’s contact was reinstated and additional contact subsequently ordered.
- Acting for a female within the Family Law Act injunction proceedings against her ex-partner in a case concerning serious domestic abuse. The ex-partner had seriously assaulted the female on several occasions and this had been witnessed by the children. I was successful in obtaining protective orders and an order ousting the ex-partner from the property they shared, so the mother could enjoy peaceful occupation with her children.
- Acting for a father within Children Act proceedings. The father and mother had a shared care arrangement in this case but the mother wished to relocate to the north with the child. The Court refused to grant permission for the mother to move so the father is able to continue to share the care of the child.
- Acting for a male within Family Law Act injunction proceedings against his wife in a case concerning domestic abuse. The male had endured many years of extensive domestic abuse but had been too fearful to take any steps in relation to this. I was successful in obtaining protective orders for him and managed to also achieve an order in which he could remain in the home, requiring the female to leave and stay away.
- Acting for grandparents in their application for a Child Arrangements Order (funded by the local authority) to ensure that their young grandchild continues to spend regular quality time in their care, so they can ensure that she is being safeguarded appropriately by her mother.
- Chartered Legal Executive
- BA Combined Honours in Law, Health, Welfare and Social Policy