Donna joined the company in 2005 and is a Chartered Legal Executive. She is also a Director and an owner of the company.
Donna specialises in divorce and the financial matters resulting from marriage and civil partnership breakdowns, often where there are significant assets, pensions and other complex matters such as businesses or Trusts. Donna also prepares pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements, along with separation agreements.
Donna also assists those clients in relation to children matters.
Her friendly and sensitive approach has been commented on by numerous clients. Many of Donna’s clients come from personal and professional recommendations.
Donna is a Trustee for the Citizens Advice Bureau working in their financial resources team and has set up a monthly clinic at various premises through Devon.
She has also taught law to CILEx students and works with local schools and universities in the area mentoring students who wish to follow a career a law.
I chose The Family Law Company specifically as divorce is already an upsetting and difficult time and I wanted a firm I believed had the same values and aims as myself. Namely to complete the process in as kind, considerate and ethical manner as possible. To avoid unnecessary hurt, conflict and of course therefore cost to both parties.
Donna was knowledgeable, supportive and made me feel both that I was in good hands and the work would be completed efficiently and to a high standard and although she was able to guide me through the legal mine field and advise appropriately, she was also respectful of my wishes.
You and your team have made a challenging time smooth and collaborative and I cannot thank you enough. We are both now able to move onto to our separate but brighter futures.
Away from the office, Donna enjoys skiing, playing golf, table tennis and paddle boarding along with keeping fit, travelling and baking.
- Acting for a retired police officer and obtaining an order which ensured he retained his pension in full.
- Acting for a member of the Armed Forces whose pension was in payment and had gained other resources some years after the divorce where no financial agreement was made and managing to preserve those assets.
- Acting for a father in relation to enforcement proceedings where the mother had stopped contact without good reason and ensuring contact arrangements were immediately reinstated.
- Acting for a wife who had a severe head injury, to ensure that she understood the proceedings, securing more than 50% of the assets.
- Acting for a wife who was not well enough to work. Securing periodical payments (spousal maintenance) for her for life, despite the fact she was only in her 40s.
- Representing a wife where the financial agreement had concluded but no order has been drawn. The wife then received substantial inheritances – secured an order so that she could retain all of these inherited assets.
- Acting on behalf of a wife whose husband was being dishonest about his income. I secured orders to obtain periodical payments and achieved a fair capital division.
- Acting on behalf of a wife after a long marriage. Her husband wanted to retain all of his pension which was worth nearly £1 million. I secured a fair pension sharing order for the wife.
- CILEx President’s Award – 2015 – Winner
- Modern Law Award – Lawyer of the Year – 2015 – Finalist
- 2018 – Winner of the award for being 1 of the 100 most influential women in Exeter
- CILEx National Awards 2018 – Highly Commended – Visionary Leadership Award
- Finalist for the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) “Joyce Arram Memorial Award for Advancing the Legal Profession”.
- Chartered Legal Executive
- HND in Family Law
- Member of Devon CILEx Branch
- Mentor for CILEx
- British Sign Language Level 1 Certified
- Trustee for CAB
- Member of Inspiring the future and mentoring students