“David made me feel at ease and comfortable in this difficult time, he talked me through things and was very patient and understanding. I was listened to in an caring way and given very helpful advice on negotiating with my former partner. I’m very pleased with the service I received. Thank you David.”
A Chartered Legal Executive with over 25 years’ experience David is a director at the firm and heads our specialist team advising cohabitees in relation to their rights.
He represents unmarried clients who are separating to resolve property and business disputes, financial provision for children and related issues. He works with couples when they are preparing Cohabitation Agreements and Pre-Nuptial Agreements.
David also represents clients in divorce, finance and private law children matters, as well as high value finance and complex children matters.
A published author David has written a comprehensive guide to cohabitation Living Together and the Law (published in 2016 by RHE Media Limited).
His work includes:
- Successfully representing a client claiming an interest in a portfolio of rental properties owned by his former cohabitee to which he had contributed. Securing for him an equal share and joint ownership of the properties. The client recovered the entire portfolio of around £350,000.
- Acting for a client who sold her house and used her life savings to construct an annex to a friend’s property where she lived and cared for her friend until they fell out. Successfully enforcing the client’s right to stay in the property and claiming a share of it based on the client’s investment and the time and effort caring for her former friend.
- Representing an elderly gentleman with healthcare needs excluded from his home by his wife and unable to realise his interest in the £1.2m mortgage free property. We applied to reopen a settlement and for an interim order for sale. In the client’s words; “thank God for hard-nosed lawyers!”
- Working for a former cohabitee to successfully refute her partners claim on her £2.5 million home that her business that was run from. The former partner withdrew in return for a very modest ‘nuisance value’ payment.
- Acting on a high net worth divorce involving several businesses and property interests valued at £4.5m. Securing the matrimonial home, pension sharing and an overall equal share of the assets. She also acquired a shareholding in the successful business which generated income for her, pending a planned sale of the business by both parties.
- Representing a wife owed substantial arrears of maintenance by her former husband, a successful surgeon. Successfully applied for a freezing injunction in relation to an inheritance received by the husband in a separate jurisdiction. Negotiated a settlement which secured payment of the arrears and ongoing maintenance.
- Chartered Legal Executive
- The Family Law Company Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- NVQ in Team Leading