Becka offers an approachable and empathetic service, and understands that family proceedings can be a very difficult time for all clients.
After joining the firm in 2017 and quickly progressing from Office Assistant to Legal Secretary, Becka is now working as a Paralegal in the Child Abduction Team and recently completed her CILEx Level 3 Paralegal Apprenticeship.
Becka has experience of supporting clients in all areas of family law including private law children cases, domestic abuse, divorce and financial matters. She provides support to solicitors Grace Bradley and Jane Chanot who are Resolution Specialists, and panel members of Reunite and the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit.
Alongside her professional role, Becka is an active member of our Charity and Wellbeing Committees. She has also previously been Social Media Officer and Social Secretary of the CILEx Devon Branch, organising and advertising networking and social events for CILEx members throughout the county.
Her work includes:
- Assisting in seeking the return of a child to Switzerland from England, following their unlawful entry into the jurisdiction.
- In a number of cases, assisting in making child contact arrangements in international private law children proceedings.
- Assisting in securing a transfer of tenancy following serious domestic violence between an unmarried couple.
- Assisting in seeking a number of child arrangements and protection orders in an international private law children matter, concerning the non-biological child of the applicant.
- Assisting in seeking the return of a child to England from Spain, following their unlawful removal from the jurisdiction.