“…All the way down the line you have been professional but empathetic, you have explained everything so it made sense. You gave me the confidence to fight. If anyone ever needs a family law solicitor you will be my first recommendation.”
Amy is an Associate Solicitor and joined The Family Law Company in 2017. Amy initially qualified as a specialist family lawyer (Chartered Legal Executive) before converting in 2016 to become a Solicitor.
Specialising in all areas of family law in particular Amy advises parents regarding the arrangements for their children and deals with domestic abuse protection. She also advises clients in relation to divorce and the financial consequences of a marriage breakdown.
Amy has a non-confrontational approach to resolving family problems. She is able to help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions and strives to negotiate settlements in a cost effective way. She offers practical and realistic advice.
In her spare time Amy enjoys travelling and experiencing new cultures.
Just want to say a huge heartfelt thank you for everything you have done. I wouldn’t have been able to cope like I did today without your help. You have been beyond helpful and went above what I expected. All the way down the line you have been professional but empathetic, you have explained everything so it made sense. You gave me the confidence to fight. If anyone ever needs a family law solicitor you will be my first recommendation.
- Acting for a wife in divorce where the husband threatened to take her life and that of their child. The husband caused his wife significant injuries which affected her capability to work, and he was sent to prison. I guided the wife through a difficult process and secured a very favourable financial order within the divorce for her.
- Acting for a father in the High Court where the mother was found to be implacably hostile. The father was granted primary care of the children.
- Acting for a wife where the husband was not engaging in the court process and would not disclose his finances. I obtained a final order for the wife to retain all of the assets.
- Representing a mother whose child was removed from her care and placed with the father. Mother had a contact order for the child but the father consistently breached this. Mother applied for enforcement and she successfully obtained a transfer of residence for the child to be returned to her care.
- Supporting a mother on an emergency application to return the child to her care after father removed the child from her care without consent. Within 24 hours, successfully obtained an order for the return of the child to mother’s care, an order that father cannot remove the child once back in mother’s care and an order for the child to live with mother. In the event father failed to return the child a Police Recovery Order was secured.
- Representing a father in a High Court Case who was found, during the course of proceedings, to have killed an earlier child. I ensured the new child was successfully rehabilitated to the father’s care.
- Master of Laws in Professional Legal Practice (LL.M)
- Diploma in Law
- Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives