Amy joined The Family Law Company in 2017. She is an Associate Solicitor specialising in all areas of family law in particular she advises clients in relation to divorce and the financial consequences of a marriage breakdown. She also advises parents in relation to disputes regarding the arrangements for their children and deals with cases of protection from domestic abuse.
Amy initially qualified as a specialist family lawyer (Chartered Legal Executive) in 2011 before converting in 2016 to become a Solicitor meaning she has extensive experience in dealing with family matters. Amy has a non-confrontational approach to resolving family problems. She is able to help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions and strives to negotiate settlements in a cost effective way for her clients. She offers practical and realistic advice.
In her spare time Amy enjoys travelling and experiencing new cultures.
Just want to say a huge heartfelt thank you for everything you have done. I wouldn’t have been able to cope like i did today without your help. You have been beyond helpful and went above what i expected. All the way down the line you have been professional but empathetic, you have explained everything so it made sense. You gave me the confidence to fight. If anyone ever needs a family law solicitor you will be my first recommendation.
- Representing a father in a High Court Case who was found, during the course of proceedings, to have killed an earlier child. I ensured the new child was successfully rehabilitated to my clients care.
- Acting for a wife where the husband threatened to take her life and that of their child. The husband caused his wife significant injuries which affected her capability to work, and he was sent to prison. I guided the wife through a difficult process and secured a very favourable financial order within the divorce for her.
- Representing a mother whose child was removed from her care and placed with the father, who consistently breached the contact order. I ensured the mother obtained a transfer of residence for the child to be returned back to her care.
- Acting for a father where the mother was found to be implacably hostile. The father was granted primary care of the children.
- Representing a victim of domestic abuse whose husband was a high risk to society, children and the victim. I secured a without notice non-molestation order within 24 hours.
- Master of Laws in Professional Legal Practice (LL.M)
- Diploma in Law
- Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives