We are looking for a costing clerk to join our award winning law firm.
The role can be full or part time and remote working will be considered.
The right candidate will assit in day to day running of the Costing Department. Helping provide a comprehensive financial support service to Fee Earners and Support Staff and in accordance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules, Law Society Rules and other legislation.
Reporting to the Practice Manager your responsibilities include:
- Receiving and checking completed claims from our Costs Draftsman prior to submitting to the Legal Aid Agency for assessment
- Liaising, when necessary, with all parties relating to the claim. i.e. Costs Draftsman, Fee Earners, Accounts Dept., Chambers, Legal Aid Agency in order to process the claim without delay.
- Dealing with rejections as quickly as possible.
- Regularly updating the bills report to show the latest position.
- Maintaining information in the bills folders for easy reference.
- Assisting the Accounts Department with LAA payment queries
- Meeting monthly with the Team Leader and discuss issues relating to problems arising from queries and work in general.
- Meeting with the Costing Department when required to discuss issues arising.
About the Team
Our award winning team is one of the largest in the county and has unrivalled experience in supporting vulnerable individuals. Our family team includes members of the Law Society’s Accreditation Scheme as well as Resolution Accredited Specialists.
Why choose the Family Law Company?
The Family Law Company is an award winning, specialist law firm with a strong commitment to the future growth and development of the business. We are a rapidly expanding firm with an approachable and down to earth attitude. We ensure our firm provides an exciting place for long term career development and progression with many of our employees having started their careers as support staff. We actively encourage a healthy work/life balance and we are based in the beautiful West Country.