Perhaps you are a family lawyer looking for a new challenge with no targets? Or a legal aid cost draftsman considering a change? Or just want to work for a flexible business that isn’t afraid to do things a little differently?
We are looking for a costing clerk to join our award winning law firm. Full time, part time and hybrid working will all be considered for this role. The right person will also have opportunities to be part of our 4 day week trial and our new training and development plans.
Day to day this role is to assist with the running of the Costing Department, helping provide a comprehensive financial support service to Fee Earners and Support Staff. This is a key role in supporting our clients, many of whom are incredibly vulnerable, and helping us to maintain our strong belief that everyone has the right to access justice.
Reporting to the Practice Manager your responsibilities include:
- Receiving and checking completed claims from our Costs Draftsman prior to submitting to the Legal Aid Agency for assessment
- Liaising, when necessary, with all parties relating to the claim. i.e. Costs Draftsman, Fee Earners, Accounts Dept., Chambers, Legal Aid Agency in order to process the claim without delay.
- Dealing with rejections as quickly as possible.
- Regularly updating the bills report to show the latest position.
- Maintaining information in the bills folders for easy reference.
- Assisting the Accounts Department with LAA payment queries
- Meeting monthly with the Team Leader and discuss issues relating to problems arising from queries and work in general.
- Meeting with the Costing Department when required to discuss issues arising.
About the Team
Our award winning team is one of the largest in the county and has unrivalled experience in supporting vulnerable individuals. Our family team includes members of the Law Society’s Accreditation Scheme as well as Resolution Accredited Specialists.
Why choose the Family Law Company?
The Family Law Company is an award winning, specialist law firm with a strong commitment to the future growth and development of the business. We are a rapidly expanding firm with an approachable and down to earth attitude. We ensure our firm provides an exciting place for long term career development and progression with many of our employees having started their careers as support staff. We actively encourage a healthy work/life balance and we are based in the beautiful West Country.