Each month we are featuring one of our solicitors or chartered executives. We feel strongly that our clients should be matched with the right lawyer, so this is one way of finding out a little more about our team.
Our lawyer of the month for May is Lisa McLaughlin. Lisa is based at our Exeter office.
Q&A – Ten Questions
- What is your job title?
Chartered Legal Executive
- How long have you been at The Family Law Company?
Since 27th November 2017. I began in the Plymouth office but have now been transferred to the Exeter office.
- How did you come to be at TFLC?
I previously worked for a different law firm for just over ten years and wanted the experience of a different firm.
- What inspired you to go into family law?
I have always enjoyed working with people and wanted to be in a position where I could really make a difference to people’s lives.
- Describe your specialism/s
My specialism is domestic abuse and private law children work.
- What would you say are your key strengths as a family lawyer?
Providing a professional yet supportive and empathetic service to my clients. I am particularly good at dealing with vulnerable people and people in distress.
- What is the achievement you are most proud of in your job?
Qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive in September 2013 after many years of hard work! I am also proud of the links I have built and maintained within the local community and with the relevant agencies in my field.
- Why do you think TFLC is different from other family lawyers?
We specialise in family law and it is all that we do. I also like that we are a compassionate firm – not only do we take good care of our clients but also each other.
- Are there any related volunteering roles you undertake?
I have had roles as the Legal Advisor for Homestart and Trustee of Stop Abuse for Everyone (SAFE).
- What do you do to relax?
I love music and find this helps me relax. I also love reading, travel and the arts.