Covid-19 Update: Access to our offices are currently only available by appointment. We're providing our usual client services virtually to maintain the safety of our clients and colleagues. Read more here

Posted by Imran Khodabocus on 1st October 2019


A parent wishing to add their name or the other biological parent’s name (as Kirsty Gravett did) can apply for a Court order called a Declaration of Parentage.

There may need to be proof of parentage e.g paternity testing via a court approved paternity test provider.

If the court grants a Declaration of Parentage, a court officer will send a copy to the Registrar General (this should be done within 21 days) and they should normally re-register the child’s birth meaning a new birth certificate with the addition of the other parent.


Talk to an Expert

  • This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Your privacy is key, read our Privacy Policy

Information Articles

+ More Blog Articles
Would you like to speak to someone? Find out how to get in touch...