World Health Day falls on 7th April each year. This day marks the 70th anniversary of the World Health Organisation, as it was founded in 1948.
For each World Health Day, WHO designates a health challenge or theme, and on this special anniversary year, WHO is calling on world leaders to live up to the pledges they made when they agreed to the sustainable development goals in 2015.
WHO is also calling on world leaders to commit to concrete steps to advance the health of all people by achieving universal health coverage.
Here at The Family Law Company, all our team leaders are committed to ensuring good health amongst our staff.
- We have a wellbeing group which enables us to find out about information about both physical and mental health. It also acts as a support group for those facing chronic illness or pain.
- The Family Law Company welcomes many health practitioners to our events to host helpful discussions for any of our staff to attend.
- We also provide insurance through WPA, which provides financial assistance in terms of healthcare and also in terms of holistic healthcare such as osteopath, acupuncture and the things that WPA do.
- Over the past year we have completed a demanding steps challenge.
- We are also investigating working with ‘Travel Devon’ to encourage more people to travel to work by bike or foot, which as well as supporting the health and wellbeing of our teams will have a positive impact upon the environment.
Whilst these initiatives may seem slight in comparison to the work that WHO is doing, we like to think they equate to a small step in the right direction.
We also hope that by promoting World Health Day, we are encouraging WHO to continue their wider work and commitment to improving the wellbeing of all people across the world.