Norman Hartnell studied Law at Cambridge University and has spent over 30 years specialising in Family Law. He established one of the country’s first specialist Family Law Practices, Hartnell & Co in 1991 and the Devon Family Mediation Agency Limited (now Devon Family Solutions) – one of the first mediation consortiums in the country with a Legal Services Commission franchise.
Norman has served on numerous Resolution and Court committees, is experienced in co and sole mediation and acts as a solicitor for parents, guardians and children in private and public law cases. He has considerable experience in complex divorce and related financial issues, and is the Mediation representative for the Peninsula Family Justice Council and active in promoting interdisciplinary training.
Norman is a pioneer in changing the face of family law. He promotes a problem solving approach and leads the way in constructive methods of resolving family disputes whilst at all times keeping children at the centre and protecting the vulnerable.
Norman is a Mediator and Collaborative Family Lawyer.
- Member of the Law Society Children Panel
- Trained Mediator
- FMA/Resolution (formerly Solicitors Family Law Association/SFLA) Supervisor/Trainer
- Legal Services Commission (LSC) mediator for All Issues Mediation
- Member of Resolution Reunite
- Member of British Association for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF)
- Supervisor for the Family Advice and Information Service (FAInS)
- Collaborative Family Lawyer
- Family Law Arbitrator
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators