Legal Aid Calculator
What does the Legal Aid Calculator do?
- The calculator will ask questions about your situation and finances. It is completely confidential and anonymous - none of the information is stored or saved anywhere.
- It will take approximately five minutes to complete the calculator.
- It will ask for some information on your income and savings, so you'll need some documents to hand.
- The calculator cannot guarantee you'll get legal aid, as it only checks your financial circumstances. It can only act as a guide. Other tests also apply. In certain circumstances, the Legal Services Commission have a discretion when granting or refusing a legal aid application.
- At the end you can print out the results for your own records.
The calculator's results do not guarantee that you will receive legal aid but will act as a guide.
Please Note: You should not use this calculator if you or your partner have complex financial circumstances.
To get the most accurate results you may need to have certain personal documents to hand. If you receive benefits from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS), special rules may apply to you. To find out if they do, you should contact us on 01392 421777.
Click here to access the Legal Aid Calculator.
Separating can be a very daunting prospect. One of the considerations will be “do I instruct a lawyer to act for me”? The costs of involving lawyers can be very off-putting and it can be easy to think that it …
The rise of social media such as Facebook and Twitter has led to an increase in digital infidelity, a study has suggested. Digital infidelity “is the kind of cheating that is increasing,” because it is easier. Researchers from the University …
How are unmarried couples treated when separating? http://t.co/t4f3sKm87b