Legal Aid Calculator
What does the Legal Aid Calculator do?
- The calculator will ask questions about your situation and finances. It is completely confidential and anonymous - none of the information is stored or saved anywhere.
- It will take approximately five minutes to complete the calculator.
- It will ask for some information on your income and savings, so you'll need some documents to hand.
- The calculator cannot guarantee you'll get legal aid, as it only checks your financial circumstances. It can only act as a guide. Other tests also apply. In certain circumstances, the Legal Services Commission have a discretion when granting or refusing a legal aid application.
- At the end you can print out the results for your own records.
The calculator's results do not guarantee that you will receive legal aid but will act as a guide.
Please Note: You should not use this calculator if you or your partner have complex financial circumstances.
To get the most accurate results you may need to have certain personal documents to hand. If you receive benefits from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS), special rules may apply to you. To find out if they do, you should contact us on 01392 421777.
Click here to access the Legal Aid Calculator.
The Family Law Company’s Alex Boardman has always been fascinated by the story of the three little pigs, and since she’s worked in the field of family law she’s realised how it can be seen as a parable…. I read the story …
Recently we’ve been reading stories all too often about how parents are being taken to court and fined for failing to ensure their children attend school. Emotions have run high and there have been online petitions to try and stop Local Authority’s …
What can the 3 little pigs teach us about domestic abuse? http://t.co/jkwFwxTtAb
6 hours ago
Education Supervision Orders - how do they work?http://t.co/8WMmJUOP40
6 hours ago